We Need To Talk About Mum & Dad
Author(s): Jean Kittson
Everything you need to know about supporting ageing parents, from author and comedian Jean Kittson.
This warm and witty practical guide is a one-stop shop for information on how to support your ageing loved ones: how to protect their health and wellbeing, keep them safe and secure, and enable them to be self-determining and independent for as long as possible.
Full of expert advice and first-hand experience, this is your go-to resource to help you:
* Navigate the bureaucratic maze while remaining sane
* Understand what is needed for your elder's health and wellbeing and how to get it, especially in a medical emergency
* Survive the avalanche of legal papers and official forms
* Choose the best place for them to live - home, retirement village, residential aged care, or granny and grandpa flat - and help your elders relocate with love and respect.
Compelled to discuss some of life's most confronting questions, Jean shares heartfelt stories and clear facts alongside wonderful cartoons from much-loved Australian cartoonist, Patrick Cook.
Following on from her 2014 bestseller, You're Still Hot to Me, a treatise on menopause, We Need to Talk About Mum and Dad is a guide to what happens when we become parents of our parents.
- : 9781743538890
- : Pan Macmillan Australia Pty, Limited
- : Campbell Books Ltd
- : 0.3
- : November 2019
- : books
- : Jean Kittson
- : Paperback
- : 2020
- : English
- : xi, 378