The Prince of Tennis
* An ongoing manga series - over 40 million copies sold to date in Japan and still going strong!
* Prince of Tennis currently airs on Cartoon Network's Toonami time block on Saturday nights and airs on Toonami Jetstream (www.toonamijetstream.com)
* Prince of Tennis manga has sold through 175k units in the U.S. to date.
* Prince of Tennis anime DVD box sets also distributed by VIZ Media.
* The Prince of Tennis live action movie released in Japan in May 2005.
* Originally serialized in Japan's Weekly Shonen Jump.
* Anime series in Japan has surpassed 100 episodes.
* Multiple product brand in Japan - trading card games, apparel, stationary, and videogames
* Released Bi-monthly (every other month).
Ryoma Echizen just joined the Seishun Academy's tennis team, which is known for being one of the most competitive teams in Japan. While most of the freshmen are on pins and needles hoping they won't get cut from the team, Ryoma Echizen is confident, cool, and collected. Some might even say he's cocky, but at least he's got the skills to back up his attitude. With his virtually unreturnable "twist serve," Ryoma is sure to make the starting team.
The Kanto Tournament reaches its electrifying conclusion!
All eyes are riveted on center court, where Ryoma and Genichiro Sanada are locked in a furious contest of strength, skill and willpower. Will Ryoma find a way to contain the tremendous power of Genichiro's "Hurin Kazan" shot? Or will Genichiro lead Rikkai to yet another victory?
- : 9781421510989
- : Viz Media
- : Viz Media
- : 0.206385
- : November 2007
- : books
- : Takeshi Konomi (Illustrator); Urian Brown (Editor)
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 200